jg_01_047.jpg

LOWER WESTERN ESPLANADE

An 1880's view of the Lower Western Esplanade, looking directly into the doors of the Lifeboat House, erected here in 1867. It was not here for very much longer, as a more central site was needed. By 1892 it had been moved to 74/75, Kings Road Arches ( later 109/111) which remained in use until 1932.

Image Reference: JG_01_047.tif
Date: 1880s
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 242x190
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: ┬ęPhilippe Garner

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Duncan McNeill
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society