jg_10_026.jpg

OLD STEINE

The east side of Old Steine, showing Nos. 11-15 on 5 May 1862. These houses, originally known as North Parade, were built between 1780 and 1800 and No. 12, the second from the left; has retained its fa├žade almost unaltered ever since. The next three houses to the south were demolished in 1927 to make way for the present building occupied by J. Lyons tea-rooms.

Image Reference: JG_10_026.tif
Date: 1862
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 114x85
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No. 15 carries the legend:"The Brighton General Mourning Warehouse". Now, in 2009, occupied by Taj Stores.

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Peggy Robinson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society