General view of the east side soon after the removal of the railings and during the construction of the 1914-18 War memorial. Note the clear view of Lawsons Corner, and Nos. 1 and 2 (the old “Blue and Buffs”) facing down the Steine. No one way traffic in those days – even the trams are headed against the general stream of traffic.

Image Reference: JG_10_029.tif
Date: 1922
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 147x104
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Peggy Robinson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society