The trams. Car 27, outside the shelter and waiting room at the Aquarium Terminus. This was one of the 30 original cars supplied when the tramway system started in 1901. The “Tourist” cars were introduced on 3 July 1905. Passengers rode on the top deck only and the fare for the round trip was 1/-. An additional conductor acted as guide to explain the points of interest. The tour took in the Dyke Road, the Beaconsfield , the Ditchling and the Elm Grove routes.

Image Reference: JG_10_062.tif
Date: c.1905
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 195x134
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Peggy Robinson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society