A peaceful backwater, which turns out of the east side of Waterloo Street, it contains only five houses three of which visible from the street. Nos. 4 and 5, shown in the next photograph are hidden from view around the corner.
The houses must present almost the same appearance as when they were built, in the 1850’s. It is difficult to say why they are so named, as there is no trace of any ivy nowadays. Photographed 20 June 1954.
Image Reference: JG_11_005.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 114x153
Additional Information: Hammond's Garage
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society