Banfields, the ironmongers, first occupied the premises in 1904, the basement and the ground floor being gutted to provide the shop premises. They remained here until 1954 when the lease expired and the premises were acquired by the Sussex Mutual Building Society for use as offices. Photographed on 30 January 1955, the day before the work of reconstruction was commenced.

Image Reference: JG_11_028.tif
Date: 1955
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 143x115
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society