WESTERN ROAD, HOVE
It may not generally be known that the buildings between Lansdowne Place and Farm Road were built as private houses approached by flights of steps, and with small forecourts. Within just a few years they became shops and the forecourts, were added to the pavements. Here are two examples, this view is No. 95 in 1897, showing the steps leading up to the adjoining private houses.
Image Reference: JG_11_042.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 157x115
Additional Information: Elswick Cycle Agency
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society