The Sussex County Cricket Team of 1864 photographed in front of the thatched pavilion. The ground was a little to the west of the Brunswick area, being where the Avenues are today, and was opened on 26 May 1848. It was not used for very long as its situation within the valuable Stanford Estate meant that the land would soon be needed for high-class residential development. It was replaced by the present County Ground in 1872.

Image Reference: JG_11_207.tif
Date: 1864
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 204x148
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society