A view of Kings Esplanade and the Battery in 1928. The enclosed guns look like 12 pounders, while to the left is a white searchlight and above it some form of range finder. The waste ground beyond the Battery House was then used for supplying beach to builder’s merchants for ballast. Note the old gas lamps then still in use.

Image Reference: JG_12_108.tif
Date: 1928
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 152x116
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society