CHURCH ROAD IN THE 1920s.
In this photograph is shown one of the few buildings which has undergone a major reconstruction.
No 2, The Drive, a handsome mansion, with its entrance in Church Road flanked by two lamp standards, was converted in 1936, to provide ground floor premises for Martins bank, with other shops built over its back garden.
Image Reference: JG_13_007.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 130x76
Additional Information: Barclays Bank signs are visible in this photograph.
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored in memory of Phyl and Eddie Edwards
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society