When George Gallard began to develop the Drove Area of the Stanford Estate in the mid-1870s one of the first buildings to be erected was this large maltings. Chapman & Co., who also owned the Black Lion Brewery, opened it in 1877. It changed hands many times, the last owners being Brickwood’s Breweries.
Demolition had started when these photographs were taken on 2 April 1968.
Image Reference: JG_14_076.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 149x116
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society and in memory of Elaine Violet Baird, Reference Librarian, Brighton, by her colleagues.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society