CONWAY STREET REDEVELOPMENT
One of the last links with old Conway Street and Ellen Street. With the clearance of the surrounding houses this old building was fully revealed to the public gaze for the first time. In its life of nearly 100 years it had been put to a variety of uses; motor engineers workshop, firewood dealers store, builders store and during the 1914-1918 War, as St Barnabus Institute. In recent years it was occupied by Percy Vye & Co., Copper and Metal Beaters.
Photographed on 11 October 1970, from Conway Street and Ethel Street respectively.
Image Reference: JG_14_114.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 174x114
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society and in memory of Elaine Violet Baird, Reference Librarian, Brighton, by her colleagues.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society