These two photographs were taken from meadows then existing south of New Church Road on 17 July 1891.
Here the horse and wagon are standing on the site of the present 22/24 New Church Road, looking north across the road to Brooker Hall, then the home of Mr. J. O. Vallance, whose ancestors lived in Hove Manor House. In 1926 this house was bought by Hove Corporation and was opened to the public as the Hove Museum in 1927.

Image Reference: JG_15_090.tif
Date: 1891
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 160x112
Place: Hove
Additional Information: Horse having shoe inspected.

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Hove Civic Society and The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society