This house had a very short life. Adjoining Brooker hall on a large area of ground it was a ten-bedroomed mansion built as recently as 1929 by McKeller and Westerman for Mr. W. K. Lusty who lived there until his death in 1953. It remained in the family after his death but was sold and demolished in 1969 only 40 years after it was built. One wonders why it was not bought by Hove Corporation as an annexe to the Museum, which is only next door.
Photographed from the south side of new Church Road on 16 January 1966.

Image Reference: JG_15_098.tif
Date: 1966
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 156x94
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Hove Civic Society and The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society