Three photographs taken on 9 April 972, of the range of garages, grouped along the east side of this quiet backwater. These were built in 1929, by the well-known local builder, A.H. Chadwell on what spare land at the rear of Princes Square. The houses on the west side of the Square were being built at the same time (in fact, only two had then been built).
Looking north to New Church Road, through the smaller block, from the Princes Square passage.
All the garages were removed in late 1972 and a terrace of houses is to be built on the cleared site.

Image Reference: JG_15_110.tif
Date: 1972
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 156x94
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Hove Civic Society and The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society