Six-a-side football. This extensive meadow extended from Langdale Gardens on the east to Wish Road in the west, and from Kingsway almost to New Church Road. It provided space for football pitches and was frequently used by circuses and fairs until the 1914 –1918 War. The backs of some houses can be seen. These houses on the west side of Langdale Gardens, probably 2/4 or 6/8.
Image Reference: JG_15_124.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 151x102
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Hove Civic Society and The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society