These photographs showing the extensive area occupied by this house and grounds were taken in 1963, just before demolition of the buildings commenced. There is some doubt about the date of this house. It is first mentioned in the 1897 Directories, but at one time it had the old entrance gates of Chain Pier esplanade, removed in 1871, so the house may have dated from about that period. For many years before its removal Dr. Barnado’s Homes occupied it. The estate is now being developed with smaller detached houses.

Image Reference: JG_17_120.tif
Date: 1963
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 137x93
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society