90-92 PRESTON ROAD
In the late 1870’s these two large houses were built fronting Preston Road from which they lay well back. In addition to small front gardens they extended at the rear for a good distance up Springfield Road, domestic quarters looking out on long back gardens. In 1936 they were bought by Hartley & Midgley Ltd., who removed the back portions of each house and gutted the ground floors for use as showrooms. This photograph shows the side and garden wall of 90 Springfield Road.
Image Reference: JG_18_018.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 152x93
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Preston Village Millenium Project and The Preston and Old Patcham Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society