SITE OF PRESTON FARM
Preston Farm, or Manor Farm, as it was more often called, originally extended from just north of Lovers walk to South Road, Preston, but was severely curtailed when the large villas were built along the west side of Preston Road in 1870’s. It continued as a farm into the present century but later was used for a very long period by Fellinghams as a yard for vehicles and stabling, later garages. Here can be seen old farm buildings, the yard and the bowling greens that replaced them.
Another view of farm buildings
Image Reference: JG_18_138.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 106x70
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Preston Village Millenium Project and The Preston and Old Patcham Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society