Two photographs taken in 1951, of old buildings, which had stood at the north side of this short road for many years. Probably at one time, part of Preston, or Manor Farm, for most of the present century the large area was occupied as a depot for Corralls, Coal Merchants. Indeed this usage continued until quite recent years, as seen in the large photograph overleaf. The old brick and flint seen in the next photograph is thought to go back to the eighteenth century, and as a malthouse was used by the Preston Brewery.

Image Reference: JG_18_171.tif
Date: 1950s
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 115x81
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Preston Village Millenium Project and The Preston and Old Patcham Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society