Preston Road running through the village, showing the corner of Cumberland Road. Exact year not known but between 1900 and 1910. Beyond the two shops was the long flint garden wall of the large house Clermont that lay well back from the road with its gardens extending along the south side of Cumberland Road. Even after the removal of this house it was many years before the Preston frontage was built on. Finally in 1923 G.A.Brittain Ltd opened the Morris Service Station here. This being the forerunner of the large motor business now established on the entire site including the area occupied by the shops.

Image Reference: JG_18_198.tif
Date: 1900-10
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 150x112
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: Richard Major, butcher

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Preston Village Millenium Project and The Preston and Old Patcham Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society