View of the same corner. The area underwent a complete transformation in 1931, when as part of a larger scheme for widening the main road to London, the roadway was nearly doubled in width from the Church to beyond Preston Drove. To achieve this Preston Vicarage was demolished and the cleared area laid out as a bowling green.

Image Reference: JG_18_200.tif
Date: 1955
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 154x96
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Preston Village Millenium Project and The Preston and Old Patcham Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society