An unusual view of St John’s Church, Preston, in 1908. It is seldom that the south walls of the church are seen in a photograph. This was taken from a point east of the old Preston Vicarage, possibly in the extensive rounds which continued along Preston Drove as far as Bavant Road. The vicarage was demolished in 1931. Knoyle Road was started about 1900 and a few houses can be seen on the north side but none on the south.

Image Reference: JG_18_227.tif
Date: 1908
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 152x96
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Preston Village Millenium Project and The Preston and Old Patcham Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society