This fine photograph of the church dates from 1886, the year of its erection. It was taken from a large house, Clermont, which later gave its name to this area. This house stood well back from the Preston Road, while its gardens, front and rear, occupied the full length of Cumberland Road. Note the line of the Railway behind the church, and the open fields beyond, now the site of Robertson and Hampstead Roads.

Image Reference: JG_18_232.tif
Date: 1886
Image Details: Colour transparency
Size of Original: 153x202
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Preston Village Millenium Project and The Preston and Old Patcham Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society