OLD WESTERN ROAD
These two photographs show the long line of trees which formerly stood in the gardens of Coddrington Place, so named after Rear Admiral Sir Edward Codrington, who lived at Hampton Lodge, at the corner of Hampton Place and Western Road.
It was here in 1906, the new building line was established, the road was widened and shops built over the gardens.
This view eastwards, is from Bedford Place, July 1899.
Image Reference: JG_19_009.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 160x155
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Montpelier and Clifton Hill Association
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society