Looking west along Western Road, from the corner of Sillwoood Road – 1908. This photograph shows clearly the new building line, which was established in 1906. In that years the corporation acquired the long gardens that ran down from the houses in Codrington Place, used part of this land for street widening and leased the rest of the building of shops. Hitherto the northern edge of the road had been in line with the trees of West Hill Lodge in the background. Later the extensive garden of this house was acquired and the Labour exchange and Cinema erected on this site.
Image Reference: JG_19_016.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 130x80
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Montpelier and Clifton Hill Association
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society