In the year 1858 this low building was erected adjoining the Golden Cross Inn, and was numbered 176, Western road. Although hemmed in by taller buildings it remained in this form for nearly 70 years and for all that time it was occupied as a Florists. It was demolished in 1927 for road widening and the site was used for the rebuilt Golden Cross, later Johnsons.
Image Reference: JG_19_026.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 148x110
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Montpelier and Clifton Hill Association
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society