OLD WESTERN ROAD
After the introduction of talking films in 1929, the cinema was reconstructed and modernised. For a time in the 1930s it was renamed, the Regal. Finally it became the Curzon, and the above photograph of 1956 shows the building in its present form.
Image Reference: JG_19_029.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 97x151
Additional Information: Danny Kaye - The Court Jester
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Montpelier and Clifton Hill Association
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society