WESTERN ROAD, MARLBOROUGH STREET – REGENT HILL
A view of the “Dardenelles” in the winter of 1929. It was so called because it remained a narrow stretch between two widened portions, and a great danger to traffic.
This block of erstwhile private houses came down a year later when Mence Smith’s moved to their present location at the corner of Montpelier Road. The British Home Stores building was erected on this site in 1931.
Image Reference: JG_19_073.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 155x99
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Montpelier and Clifton Hill Association
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society