The north side of Western Road, at the corner of Marlborough Street – 29 January 1955. During this year the Golden Cross Inn, which like Johnson’s had been completely rebuilt in 1928/30, was sold to Johnson Bros. who reconstructed the premises as an extension of their shop. The entire shop was destroyed by fire on 5 November 1970, and is now (1974) being rebuilt.
Image Reference: JG_19_087.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 244x174
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Montpelier and Clifton Hill Association
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society