8-16 Western Road. The Rudledge family occupied No. 12 the Scotch Wool Shop, for more than 80 years. The business of stay and corset makers was started here in 1860s and the family lived in the little house behind 11 Grenville Place. In 1947, the business closed and this tiny shop with only a 13’ frontage was sold at auction for £14,100.
Image Reference: JG_19_160.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 154X116
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Montpelier and Clifton Hill Association
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society