KINGS ROAD between 1862 & 1870
This unusual building, 67 Kings Road stood at the corner of West Street until 1897 when it was replaced by the present Daily Telegraph building. In W A Delamotte’s drawings, 1855, shown on another page, it appears as a small two storey building and from its appearance it seems only recently to have been reconstructed. Note the old house in Kent Street, adjoining the George Inn, removed when the Inn was rebuilt in 1892.
The date of this photograph is unknown but almost certainly this was between 1862 & 1870.
Image Reference: JG_02_187.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 149x250
Additional Information: No comment
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society