Queen Square was started about 1850 and the Independent Chapel, later Union Church, was built in 1854. At the same time the houses on the west side were being built in 1854. At the same time the houses on the west side were being built and the New Baptist Chapel at the top followed a few years later. In the gap shown were built during 1862 or 1863 the three houses 12,13 and 14, Queen Square so the photograph is of the period 1860/1862. The three houses mentioned were removed in 1908 to make way for the Church Hall and there have been many changes to the facades of both Chapels since they were built as can be seen by a comparison with later photographs on other pages.
Image Reference: JG_21_010.tif
Image Details: Stereoscopic view card.
Size of Original: 146x74
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Brighton Society and others.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society