In less than thirty years, the 1957 photograph shows a dramatic change. Motor traffic had greatly increased, necessitating controlled car parking, taxi ranks and kerbside tailings to protect pedestrians. Union Church was then little changed, but now it has gone, being demolished in 1984.
Image Reference: JG_21_015.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 154x96
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Brighton Society and others.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society