jg_21_017.jpg

UNION CHURCH, QUEEN SQUARE

Photographs of 25 March 1984, depicting the demolition of this, the most central church in Brighton. Built in 1853/4, and opened on 12 October 1854, the building was extended northwards in 1866. Union Church Institute, further up Queen Square, was erected in 1908. The Church, having amalgamated with the Presbyterian Church in North Road, became redundant, hence its demolition.
This view is from Queens Road, looking at the east fa├žade and the entrances to Air Street and Zion Gardens.

Image Reference: JG_21_017.tif
Date: 1984
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 153x150
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Brighton Society and others.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society