Above that was, and still is, the Clarence Hotel, built in 1785 as the “New Inn”. The eastern bar, now the saloon, was then known as the Clarence Shades.
Note Stafford’s’ van, an early Ford, outside the hotel.

Image Reference: JG_21_101.tif
Date: 1919
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 113x143
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Brighton Society and others.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society