The same building, 50 years later. In 1910 the ground floor became the Cinema de Luxe, and continued as such, until a serious fire just before the 1939/1945 War. Since then it has remained boarded up and derelict. The announcement about the new cinema can be discontinued, as before long the buildings will be demolished for street widening.
Photograph taken on 16 December 1959.

Image Reference: JG_21_109.tif
Date: 1959
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 111x153
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Brighton Society and others.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society