Carlisle House, 3 Pavilion Buildings, was, with adjacent houses, built about 1780. They were purchased by William 1V and enclosed within the Pavilion Estate in 1831.
When Brighton Corporation purchased the Royal Pavilion in 1850, the Earl of Carlisle negotiated the sale on behalf of the Crown, and the house was named after him.
It was demolished in 1934 for an extension of the Brighton Herald premises.

Image Reference: JG_21_176.tif
Date: 1934
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 96x153
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Brighton Society and others.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society