Old shops, 6 & 7, 2 July 1967. It was in 1856 that this little grocer’s shop was opened by the grandfather of the last shopkeeper, Miss G.B. Hall who had to leave when the premises were taken for demolition by the Corporation as part of the Somerset Street redevelopment. In the tiny garden behind the shop was a sycamore tree about 80 years old and one of the piles from the Chain Pier which had been here since 1896.

Image Reference: JG_22_211.tif
Date: 1967
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 150x110
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Brighton Town Press
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society