The premises of the Brighton College Junior School, 128 to 136 eastern Road, photographed on 21 October 1973.
This range of buildings, between College Road and College place was erected about 1850, and for nearly a hundred years 130/136 was occupied by the Institution for the Deaf, right up until the 1939/1945 war, in fact. In 1945 it was taken over by the College and occupied by them until 1973. The bridge, which connected the School with the college, had been built only a few years when the building was demolished, early in 1974.
Image Reference: JG_23_016.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 155x96
Additional Information: No comment
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society