View up Edward Street, from Pavilion Parade, in 1957. By then sufficient of the buildings in William Street, Henry Street and John Street had been removed to permit of the widening (first started in 1927) to continue east as far as the Salvation Army Citadel. The narrow entrances to George Street Gardens and Riding School Lane seem also to have gone. Few parking problems then!
Image Reference: JG_24_012.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 153x111
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Duncan McNeill
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society