Here are two contrasting photographs [this and following] of 1897 and 1957. In this photograph the buildings seen are the backs of houses in Queens Park Road, as the building of West Drive did not commence until 1900/01. Originally known as the German Spa, the park was purchased by the Brighton Race Stand Trustees and presented to the Corporation in July, 1890.
Alterations to the layout of the park led to the removal of the island shrubbery during the 1930s.

Image Reference: JG_24_181.tif
Date: 1897
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 150x110
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Duncan McNeill
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society