BARCLAYS BANK SITE, NORTH STREET AREA
After the clearance of old buildings in North Street and King Street in 1938, the site remained empty for 19 years and was used as a car park.
Barclays Bank bought the site for new premises but before this work was started, more old houses had to be removed.
21/27 Portland Street (despite the numbering there were only 4 houses)
The photographs were taken in May 1955, but it was not until June 1957 that these buildings were demolished and the building of the bank premises commenced.
Image Reference: JG_25_008.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 114x156
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society