The Paris Cinema. It was opened in 1854 as the Oxford Music Hall and then became the Empire Theatre of Varieties. By the first decade of this century it was the court Cinema and this lasted for nearly 40 years.
In the 1940s it reverted to the stage being successfully the Dolphin and her Majesty’s Theatre. Finally a few years as the Paris Cinema before oblivion.
This photograph, dated 2 March 1963 was taken just before the building was sold for subsequent demolition.
Image Reference: JG_25_053.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 110x147
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society