Two photographs of the Salem Chapel, adjoining the National Provincial Bank at the corner of North Street. Owned by the Association of Strict Baptist Churches, this chapel was built in 1861 to replace an earlier building, which dates from 1787, but when the minister emigrated to Canada it was closed.
Photographed in August 1972, it is now awaiting early destruction so that the site can be redeveloped.
Image Reference: JG_25_066.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 104x152
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society