NORTH ROAD AND GARDNER STREET
Three photographs of the tiny first Marks and Spencer shop in Brighton, at the corner of these roads. It was opened after the end of the 1914/18 war, and was known as the Bazaar, selling household items and clothing at very cheap prices. The shop was closed in the mid-1930s soon after the present large store in Western Road was erected.
The year of the photographs is not known but it is obviously in the 1920s.
Image Reference: JG_25_172.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 130x88
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society