98 and 99 Trafalgar Street, photographed from Pelham Square on 5 December 1953. Mr D P Hack occupied the house on the left, built about 1840, for many years. A leading educationalist, he relinquished an orchard at the back of his house for the building of York Place Higher Grade School, in 1884. Some years later, in 1893, the Pelham Street section of York Place School was built in the garden of No. 98. Finally, in 1906, his son, Mr Daniel Hack, gave to the corporation the two houses shown for use as an annexe to the Secondary Schools. The houses were put to this use until 1954 when No. 98 was demolished to make way for a further extension of the school.
Image Reference: JG_25_204.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 109x145
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society