DYKE ROAD AVENUE
Until comparatively recent times, this was a fairly narrow road, with few houses. In 1928, when the east side was incorporated in Brighton, there were only 12 houses beyond Hazleden’s Nursery, while across the road the last house was Tongdean, with the farm beyond. Some widening was carried out in the 1930’s and to other stretches at different times in the 1950’s as more houses were built.
This photograph of 1958, shows in the distance the last portion of the old narrow road which then existed for about 100 yards, but which has since been widened. The widening was all on the south side.
Image Reference: JG_26_004.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 150x112
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Anne Moncrieff
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society