This was opened in 1884 by Mr Mark Hazleden and carried on by his son and grandson. It covered an area of 6 acres adjoining Dyke Road Avenue, with fourteen glasshouses. It lay to the north-west of the old houses Fairhaven and the Den, photographs of which appear on other pages. Photographed 21 March 1965, it was cleared at an Auction sale on 19 May. An estate of expensive houses is now being built here. Another view

Image Reference: JG_26_030.tif
Date: 1965
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 156x112
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Anne Moncrieff
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society