By 1924 the house was owned by Mr R J Heather and it was he who, in 1939, opened it to the public as the Arnold House Hotel. Later the adjoining house ( seen on the right), Montpelier Lodge, was acquired and absorbed by the hotel. In 1971, when the house was 110 years old, it was decided to demolish it, but not Montpelier Lodge, so that flats could be built on the site and in the garden.

Date of the four photographs – May 6 1971. Demolition of the house had then just started.

Image Reference: JG_26_201.tif
Date: 1971
Image Details: Original monochrome print.
Size of Original: 150x110
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Anne Moncrieff
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society